The process of replacing/ repairing iPhone screen involves multiple steps and requires some technical know-how. Here are some steps that can guide you through the process of repair iPhone screen:
- Discharge your iPhone battery below 25% to avoid a fire or explosion risk.
- Turn off your iPhone completely.
- Take off the battery and display connector cover.
- Unplug the battery.
- Warm up the bottom edge of the phone using a hair dryer, heat gun, or a specialized heating pad from a screen repair kit to release the adhesive that holds the screen in place.
- Place a suction cup on the screen.
- Gently lift the screen to reveal the internal components.
- Install the new screen and put the phone back together.
Verifying iPhone Screen Repair
If you’re using iPhone 12, 13, 14 models or later with iOS 15.2 or later, you can go to Settings General About to see the parts and service history of your iPhone, and check if the camera has been replaced. If the repair was done using genuine Apple parts and processes, you will see “Genuine Apple Part” next to Screen.
Please Note: When replacing an iPhone screen, it’s crucial to keep in mind that it can be a challenging task that requires specialized technical expertise and equipment. Doing so without proper skills and tools may result in additional damage to your phone. If you feel unsure about the process, it is highly recommended that you consult with us by clicking here to get an estimate of the repair work needed, along with our phone repair.